What Does a Sales Representative do?
Sales Representatives have a primary focus of serving our customers and growing our existing accounts. Our Sales Representatives handle a wide range of responsibilities within our organization such as inside sales, outside sales, customer service, promotions, problem resolution, special events, and distribution. As we are a wholesale distributor, much of our business is conducted over the phone. Sales Representatives typically spend 70-80% of each week on the phone in the beginning.
• Meet deadlines, establish an appropriate priority level of assigned tasks, and get the job done in a timely manner.
• Answer customers ‘questions on products and distribution and provide solutions/recommendations by having a strong understanding of our products.
• Enter orders, customer information, and purchasing trends into our various computer systems.
• Receive calls from local and regional customers.
• Proactively call existing customers to research trends/needs, relationship management, follow-up, etc.
• Promote daily/weekly/monthly specials via inside sales call projects.
• Maintain a positive and productive attitude.
• Contribute to all sales and SSS goals.
• Assist with miscellaneous projects and duties (catalog/sample mailings, brochures, warehouse, special event planning and execution, etc.) to support team members and grow our business.
• Be on time to work and all other appointments.
• 1-5 years of previous sales, marketing, or customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Have at least one year experience in a sign company.
• Completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university (final semester applicants welcome).
• Computer literate – MS Office Suite, internet navigation, and order entry experience.
• Confidence and positive attitude are a MUST! Goal-oriented and competitive in sales/marketing activities.
• Superior interpersonal skills – able to communicate effectively at all levels.
• Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and true commitment to customers.
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time, assist in distribution operations, and squat, bend, kneel, and lift 5-50 lbs.
• Drive personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement available) to outside sales appointments – must have current registration and valid license.
• Travel for sales visits, special events, and training (local/regional travel 5-25% of time).